Sunday 20 March 2016

Home Sick

This post is going to be short.  I am home sick and not really up to doing anything but knit and even that is dicey.

Last Sunday Essex played Amherstburg in Amherstburg.  Essex won 2-1 tieing up the series 2-2.

The series returned to Essex on Tuesday where Essex again won 3-1 putting Essex ahead one game in the series.  Essex only needed one more win to be the league champs.

That game was Friday in Amherstburg.  But Essex lost 3-2 in overtime.  The series was now tied 3-3.  The final best of seven was played in Essex this afternoon.

I started coughing on Friday at the game and by Saturday morning I knew I was in trouble.  This morning I had completely lost my voice and it really hurt to swallow.  I decided that in the interest of public safety and my own health I would stay home.  Hubby took my ticket, walked to the Essex arena and happened to locate his cousin looking for a ticket so gave him mine.

Hubby texted me throughout the game.  Amherstburg was up by one.  Then Essex scored.  Amherstburg scored again.  Then Essex scored twice in a row  but Amherstburg got another one making the score 3-3.  Amherstburg scores again but Essex scores twice in a row.  Essex now has a 2 goal lead but Amherstburg scored again.  This would turn out to be the final score with Essex winning 5-4.

I knew the game was exciting because more and more of the texts were in capitals.

I stayed home in bed and had my i-pad and phone handy to keep track of the game.  I also knitted.  Mostly on the gansey.  The second sleeve is done and the blue thing is the monkey scarf.  It needs a lot of ends sewn in and the face embroidered on.  The gansey only needs the neckband done and the ends ties in.  The scarf is part of a child's winter set so I will make a blue hat too.

Essex goes on to play the winner of tonight's game between Dorchester and Exeter.  The dates and times are still to be determined.  The team managers have to flip a coin for home ice advantage and then work out available ice-times in both arenas to set the game schedule.


No comments:

Post a Comment