Sunday 27 March 2016

Cough, Work, Hockey

I am still sick.  The title of this post sums up this past week.  When I was home I was sleeping and coughing.  I think I knit about 4 rows in total.

I finished the Gansey.  It is washed and blocked.  All the ends are tied in now.




No other knitting to report.

On the hockey front though, Essex won over Dorchester 5-2 on Tuesday.  This cold stole my voice and I was silenced most of the week.  I went to Tuesday's game anyway.  It is hard to cheer for a team when you cannot make a sound.  All I could do was throw up my arms and wave.  I sat in a spot in the arena where I could limit my contact with others.  I tried to be responsible.  I did not feel like knitting.  That alone was a sign I should have stayed home in bed.

Friday night the hockey action moved to Dorchester.  All week I had this delusion that I was going to the game.  Wanting to go was not the delusion; it was thinking that I was fit to go.  Common sense prevailed Friday morning and Hubby headed to Dorchester on his own.  He texted me the highlights.  Essex won 4-0.  I was curled up at home under blankies with my box of tissues.  Never picked up my knitting.

Hubby's brother is the General Manager of the Essex 73's and on Saturday he got a call from the Dorchester Arena Manager.  The fellow just wanted to say he had never ever seen a team leave a dressing room as clean as our team.  It was spotless.  He was doubly amazed to report that the area where the Essex fans were seated was also exceptionally clean.  His staff did not need to sweep up  trash like many spectators leave behind.

Tonight is game number 3 at the Essex arena.  Hubby and I are going.  I am still hoarse and coughing.  He is stuffed up with his own cold.  We will be quite the pair.  I think I will pack an extra large box of tissues and leave the knitting at home.

When Reba turned the colour she is now, I thought that if she had been a wild dog instead of a domesticated one, she would not last long.  She would be so easily spotted and become prey for some larger predator.  I think I was wrong.



1 comment:

  1. Well the Gansey looks lovely. Sorry you are not well. Go 73's!

    ReplyDelete